The Mathematics Department
- Exposure to the richness and beauty of the mathematic discipline thus causing a familiarity to it.
- Elevate curiosity and motivation to struggle with challenges.
- Development of logical, creative and critical thinking of solving problems.
- Prepare students for research, development, initiation and knowledge-intensive industry.
Students, who experience and expand knowledge according to the Mofet’s goals in the mathematics discipline, are better prepared for academic studies in general and specifically in the domains of science and technology.
The departments’ team consists of mathematicians all of whom posses an MA or a PhD and are experts in the discipline of teaching mathematics.
How is the change done?
- Building a unique teaching programme based on the Israeli Ministry of Education curriculum.
- Provision of individual instruction and group teachers’ training courses for the school staff.
- Development of supplementary learning materials for enrichment and deepening.
- Construction of comparative tests and analysis of their results as a tool for evaluation in Junior High School.
- Running a biennial Mathematics Olympic Game in Junior High School.